Printing the "Under The Same Sky" folio


For a while now I wanted to create a folio, a collection of about 10 to 12 smaller images not to be framed, but to be held and enjoyed sitting in your favorite chair listening to Bach. Or Pat Metheny.

As I was putting together a selection to submit to Brooks Jensen, the publisher of LensWork, I felt that those images would be perfect for my first folio, so I selected ten and re-edited them all over again. The outcome was quite different from what I did with them originally as I switched RAW processors from Lightroom to Capture NX and used some Photoshop techniques I hadn't known before.


The theme "Under The Same Sky" is about realizing that that is where we all live. That a religion or a nationality are just labels and that at the end of the day we breathe the same air, our skins are warmed by the same sun and that eventually, we all go home just as we lived under the same sky. I think this is even more important to consider in these times as leaders are actually dividing nations and trying to separate countries from a community that was so hard to build to begin with. There really is no "America First!" or "Deutschland uber alles!". There is just one mankind after all.


What I show you here are the first three prints. All of them are done on Canson Baryta Photographique 310, a paper that looks and feels fantastic. These ten prints including a certificate of authenticity and some information about the prints will come in beautiful hand-cut covers and should be available in late December 2018. The exact date will be announced on this blog and there will be a video showcasing the folio on the website holgermischke.com. You can also order the folio there.

Comments

Popular Posts